Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Thunderchild Miniatures Wasteman Kickstarter

I have been meaning to post this for a couple of weeks, I have been very busy with other things, but there is still time to jump on this so check it out!

Thunderchild Miniatures are running a Kickstarter campaign to launch their new game Wasteman, a post-apocalyptic skirmish game.

video

The design of the game has a more "sci-fi" feel to it than say Across The Dead Earth. In fact the miniatures have a something about them that puts me in mind of the UK comic 2000AD. They could easily be from Judge Dredd's Cursed Earth or possibly from the Strontium Dog stories. Many of the inhabitants of this irradiated wasteland are mutated and often in bizarre and horrific ways.

As well as the miniatures there are a couple of interesting parts to the game system that make it stand out from the standard wargame. For a start it uses bottle caps as counters, a nice design twist that has a very Post-Apoc feel.


The other new feature is an innovative base design that uses slots in the bases of the miniatures for damage/wounds. I think this is a very nice way to do it, and could be very popular! 


There are a selection of different factions, or posses. So you can choose whichever flavour takes our fancy (I must admit I would probably go with the Militia).

 There is also an exclusive figure, Radical Trevor, which I must admit, makes they Kickstarter very tempting on his own...

Along with a selection of Addons and extras that are all very useful to a Post-Apoc gamer...


I haven't studied the mechanics of the game as yet, but the cards that come with it and the rulebook itself are both well illustrated and full colour.


 Finally there are some extra large mutants that have some real character. I'd love to get that Rad-Dragon onto my table...


So check it out. Wasteman!

No comments:

Post a Comment